Students on the DC course are required to produce an ‘All About Me Page’ on Weebly which uses digital and online tools to tell their learning journey. In a subsequent lesson, students share this content with students from another class or school in the district and peer mark against co-constructed criteria.
- Personal Identity– The content of the ‘All About Me Page’ may include their name, phone number, address, email address, date of birth, education information as well as image, audio or video recording
- Cookies- Weebly may install ‘cookies’ on their computer and pose a security risk.
- Accounts– Students will have to register for a username for Weebly and any other app (such as canva, piktochart etc) they they use for content.
- Content hosting. Some of the tools may host and/or distribute, content created.
- Inform students of appropriate content and ‘how to stay safe online’ tips before ‘All About Me Page’ is created. Informed consent- student do not have to put private images / content (can use fake names etc). There should be no reference to cell number, address or personal email address. Also this will be shared via Google Classroom- set to ‘view only’ so content cannot be downloaded by other students.
- Teacher to provide list of websites to The Learning Technology Department to ensure that Cookies are blocked from websites on school computers.
- Students will use their school email for all websites and accounts created. They may use a fake name and are encouraged to unsubscribe to any correspondence.
- Ensure that students and parents are offered information on ‘staying safe online’ including privacy issues, settings and social media.